In these testing times, the safety and health of our patients and staff are of utmost importance to us. We have taken the necessary precautions to keep you and your family safe and comfortable when you visit us.
Patient Safety Implementation
- The office door will be propped open during regular office hours.
- Patients will be screened at the office door. This process will include asking the CDC COVID-19 PATIENT DISCLOSURE questions, taking your temperature (99 or less is acceptable), assessment of cough, previous COVID-19 exposure, or presence of any other infection.
- If any symptoms are present, the patient will be referred to a physician or to contact the local hospital emergency room to be evaluated ASAP.
- Only the scheduled patient (or one parent if the patient is a minor) will be allowed into the office for the appointment.
- All patients MUST STOP AT CLEANING STATION where you will be required to your hands. All your belongings must go back to the treatment room with you.
- The waiting room will always be kept to a bare minimum number of patients.
- As soon as patients are in the treatment room, you will be asked to rinse for 60 seconds with a mouthwash mixture prior to seeing you.
- All equipment, chairs, etc., will be cleaned and sanitized before each patient is seated.
- No reading materials will be provided to patients. Patients may bring in their own reading material and it must always be kept on their person or with their belongings.
- Any area in the treatment room or the office that has been touched by the patient’s personal belongings will be sanitized and disinfected.
- Bathrooms in the office will be sanitized by the team after each use.
- Special accommodations will be made for high risk and elderly patients.